Monday 24 September 2012

Testing out Stop Motion


After watching the tutorials on how to create a Stop Motion film, I followed the steps, and created my own. I placed my object in front of a window, so I was able to achieve a good and natural light source, which was a form of diegetic lighting.



I downloaded the programme Windows Live Movie Maker to be able to edit the pictures I had taken. It was a very easy programme to use, as all I had to do was upload the pictures that I had taken into it, and place them in the order in which they needed to go in.




In the picture above, an arrow is pointing to a box which says Duration. To create a fast paced Stop Motion, I had to change the duration in every image, in which I chose 0.50. This created a fast moving Stop Motion, to give a natural feeling about it, and to keep it exciting.

Unfortunately, as I did not have my camera on a steady tripod, my camera sometimes shifted slightly, therefore in a few shots, you notice that the camera has slightly moved to the side. Also, as the camera I used is only a 14 Mega Pixel Camera, the beginning and the ending shots are slightly out of focus giving a blurred effect to it.

When I attempt a second go at filming a Stop Motion film, I am going to take into consideration using a professional camera, to get clear and focused shots. I am also going to use a tripod, to ensure that the camera doesn't lose its first position.

No comments:

Post a Comment